Preparing your home for sale can be a daunting task. Adding a bit of curb appeal can help you to sell your house quickly and conveniently, for good amount of profit and without any hassles. You may need to make certain home improvements to improve its curb appeal in order to have a high residential appraisal value to make good gains on selling it. However, you may find that various home improvements take up lots of time and labor making it time-consuming and laborious task. They may also cost you a substantial amount of money. But, there are several home improvements that add a perceptible first impression value without consuming weeks of labor and your bank balance. Here are certain effective improvements that can help you spruce up your home exteriors on your own in less than hundred dollars and one weekend.
- Brightening up the front door: A radiant, freshly painted front door offers a welcoming sense and vitality to your residence. Give a fresh, bright coat of hued paint that nicely blends with the rest of home exteriors. Also, ensure that your main door is void of clutter and grime. If you have sufficient time, paint the shutters as well. Coloring up vinyl doors and shutters enhances your home’s exteriors. Do not forget to clear the paint off the knockers, hinges, and doorknobs, after you are done with the painting task.
- Work on house numbers: Put up bright, new, clearly legible house numbers so that they are easily noticed by the passing homebuyers, as buyers tend to drive through the locality that interests them looking for a house to purchase in that area. Repaint the numbers, if they have faded up or replace them with decorative ones to attract the home buyers. Guidance of property appraisers, from a prominent residential real estate appraisal company, can help you choose the appropriate house numbers.
- Plant attractive flowers: The presence of seasonal flowers in pots, window boxes, hanging baskets, or in the garden can be an eye-catching addition to the exteriors of your house. So make sure that flower pots, vases, and baskets are full with attractive flowers to enhance the appearance of your home. Keep a check on the blooms and remove those that are past their prime. You can even install a simple drip or micro-irrigation system, as it is more effective than sprinklers, to ensure a good supply to your flower plantations.
- Exterior lighting: Clean or replace the old porch light. Also, ensure that the bulbs and tubes in the fixture cast a pleasant, enchanting glow over the entrance of your home. Improve your evening curb appeal with solar LED landscape lighting along the driveway or walkway. You can also highlight certain beautiful plants or a garden statue with good lighting. Solar LED bulbs are easy to install without any hassles and they hardly require any maintenance. Also, you can find them in a wide variety of colors and styles. Well-placed landscape lighting brightens up your home exteriors.
- Clean up the landscape: Invest your weekend time in removing weeds, shrubbery, and dead plants, trimming trees, grass, and bushes and mowing the lawn. A well-maintained lawn automatically fascinates the prospective home buyers. It gives them the first impression that your home is well-cared and well-maintained. This helps you to sell it quickly and easily. Also, cleaning up your lawn won’t cost you a penny.
If you use these five home improvements to increase the curb appeal of your home, you can have a high residential real estate appraiser value when it is appraised and sell it at a high rate making good gains. Since all these home improvements are cost-effective and do not call for extra manual labor, you can save considerable time, money, and energy when improving the curb appeal of your home.